28 Feb 2013

Firsts!

Last week was a week of firsts!

It started off with me joining the gym! something I had been procrastinating for a long time. Not only did I buy a swim suit, but I actually went swimming after about a million years! Then I joined the Zumba class and loved it! It's super fun, and an awesome workout! :)

Then I tried my hand at making the Grand Marnier souffle for and it turned out delicious!  I successfully made meringue for the first time in my life, aaand... whipped cream by hand to make peaks for a yummy chocolate mousse :D that's right! I'm awesome!

At the other end of the spectrum was the crazy day when both our cars decided to take a break! (mine got a flat tire... for the first time yet) and his car's battery went to sleep. So now I know how to change a flat tire, know the purpose of a lug nut key (which, by the way, I did not have, so we had to tow my car, eventually), know what transmission fluid should and should not look like, and know what tread depth means!

Then, for the first time ever, and hopefully the last, I experienced (thankfully not to the full extent) the wrath of a skunk! It's an indescribable experience.

But, to end it all, I made a break-through at work, got some more challenging projects and also, got over my whatsapp phobia! All in all, it was a week to remember!

High on life...
-M

No comments: