You are really mad at someone for having neglected you. Then you device all these crazy ideas just to get their attention…….And then they have to go and do something so sweet that you feel totally ashamed for having thought all those crappy things.
Well, happened to me recently.
My best friend just didn’t (doesn’t) have time for me, recently. I really missed her and felt totally lonely, and very .. well,‘unimportant’.
Usually it so happens that girl-firends do not/cannot stay in touch with each other after they get married and settled. I'v seen it happen with my mother. She hardly gets to see her best friends, even though they might be in the same city. Whereas my father’s gang still meet each weekend. My 2 best friends S and A and I had decided long ago that this will never happen to us. And that we will always keep in touch COME WHAT MAY…… Then came her engagement. And a lot of things changed. Well, I accept the fact that I cannot have all her free time, but I assumed I still had the right to SOME of it. And became very sour when I did not. Well, id almost gotten used to the fact that she’s not going to be around much now, and that she has more important people to think of, when she got us both these Awesome t-shirts. With a picture of our trio n all printed on them!!!!!. :D
And in that moment, I felt incredibly sorry and selfish and hated myself for thinking that she does not care. I guess whatever happens, some things never change. :) :) and I hope neither does she.
With a guilty conscience,
-Madhura.
With a guilty conscience,
-Madhura.
No comments:
Post a Comment