This is I think the first time since I began writing this blog, that i'm writing for the reasons I started this blog in the first place. It's Sunday evening, and I have nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no intention of watching any more TV shows online. I could be finishing up some homework, or working on my project, or more importantly, looking for a job! But c'mon, it's sunday... I have the whole week to do all that and more. Perhaps writing this blog will give me a sense of achievement, and then it will also give me another reason to refresh my mailbox every 10 minutes over the next week... that's right, to check for any improbable, spurious comments!
The last couple of days has been a flashback of the best/worst couple of years of my life. It brought back some very ... tart... memories, some very mixed feelings and some very complicated thoughts; thoughts which are scary if they ever come true, which leave you feeling empty inside, even after the realization that they are just bad dreams. All the things which I have been able to keep locked up or thought I had discarded. I think I've come out of it rather amused at myself, and with a curiously low self-esteem, something which I think is necessary for a much-needed humility on my part, but does not help win the competition that is life. (Before you start drafting questions, y'all non-existing fans, Let me make it clear that i'm not gonna clarify the above statement.) But, then I think of a paradox.. 'If I think I have low self esteem, does this thought in itself, not negate the statement?'.. or does that paradox not work here, like it does for modesty? Anyhow, that finally brings me to the actual topic of the blog: 'What have I been up to, the last few weeks?'
I recently saw many ads and posters for something called the 'Hunger games' and from the information that came to me without digging, I tried imagining what the heck it could be; was it an online game or a video game, or a reality TV show? So I did dig a bit and found it was a movie, then i looked up further and found references to this book, and that's when life got interesting. I went ahead and borrowed the books :D I must say, the two I have read so far have made it to the top five of my favorites list. I am still to read the third, and won't be able to wait for another 3 weeks (I can borrow only one book each month on my awesome kindle fire!). Perhaps if I try reading something else for a while?
I'm happy that I have begun reading books again, and am quite pleased with how many I have read in so short a span. So far, I've read three books by Micheal Hicks from the series called 'In her name' which, by the way, are incredible! a few Sherlock Holmes short stories, 'Brave new world' by Aldous Huxley, and the long awaited (by me) 'Fantastic Voyage' by Asimov. I have been claiming that it's been replacing the time spent watching TV shows, but i know that to be a truth slightly stretched ;) I've been spending a lot of time in front of the idiot box too. And i'm not ashamed of all the 'boldly going where no one has gone before!' either. :D Now I wonder how I managed to get the few 'A's last quarter. I guess i'm just born brilliant :D... (yeah, that's the self esteem cropping up again ;) ).
To be honest, with so many fantastic and thrilling stories running around in my head, my life (or the lack of it) suddenly seems a little .. boring. I almost feel like getting up and going on an adventure of my own. Maybe I will, or perhaps the 'Ender's Game' sitting on the table beside me will suddenly open up a path to another dimension!
"Live long and prosper", y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment