A while back, a guy I know and his friends came to work on a bicycle. Stretch of around 25 kilometers, and it took them 2-3 hours. Fascinated by the idea, a friend of mine suggested we give it a try. Now, of those guys, one is a football player, one walks 2 hrs everyday, and I’m sure the rest of them work out regularly and are in very good shape. But we… well, lets not raise the difficult questions. So I suggested to her that we give it a try within city limits first, and then think about the expressway. So on the cold and early Saturday morning, after pumping air into a tyre with a hand pump, empty stomach but full of enthusiasm, we set out for the University campus. It’s around 8-10 km from my place, from hers, 6-8.
Now the road is fairly easy, except for the ‘khind’ near symbiosis. The climb it the challenge you have to get over. And my aim was to ride to the top without having to stop. Now for a person who’s out of shape, this is a though fight, and when you have to fight the cold too it gets a little tougher. But I finally managed to reach the top and when I got off my bike, my legs felt like walking sticks. =)
We reached the campus and Completely exhausted, dropped down on the first bench we caught sight of! After a while and some rest, I managed to convince her to actually get on the bike again and ride till IUCAA. The Univ. campus is one of my favourite places in Pune; beautiful, clean, and you can actually breathe in the peace and calm. No blowing horns, no smoke, no traffic, the perfect place to chill... and it WAS... verry chilly, and we were very hungry... so we had pohe and chai at the open canteen on our way out. :):)
It was exercise after a long time, the pohe tasted yummy. Chatted a lot, laughed a lot, decided to get back in shape on top priority.
Next destination: Camp?
Time: TBD (if ever ;) )
-Madhura.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment